The weather has turned around and we had sunshine and some melting action happening today! It makes me happy. I am heading to B.C. on friday to visit my mom and was checking the forecast this morning. It only had up to Saturday, which is supposed to be a high of 17 C. I’m so excited! I’m whipping out the sandals and capris baby!
This morning Jewel and I ran 10km with my friend and her dog. It was great to be out in the sunshine and my ankle felt not too bad. So last night when I went out for dinner and drinks with some friends I ended up ordering a veggie stir fry in sesame sauce with a side of rice. It turned out pretty good. For some reason I had been a little shy or nervous about not ordering meat. They didn’t specifically have a veggie stir fry, but I asked the waitress if I could get the chicken and vegetable sesame stir fry without the chicken and they had no problem with it. It was kinda funny because all the other girls ordered battered and deep-fried dishes.
PEANUT BUTTER OATMEAL BARS
1 1/2 c rolled oats
1/2 c walnuts, chopped
3/4 c raisins
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c natural peanut butter
1/3 to 1/2 c almond milk
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Line a 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper.
2) Combine rolled oats, walnuts, raisins, and cinnamon in a bowl.
3) Soften peanut butter in microwave. Beat egg and mix in with peanut butter and milk.
4) Add wet ingredients to dry and combine well. Pour into prepared dish and bake for 40 minutes.
5) Let cool on wire rack then cut into 9 squares.These bars are dense and slightly sweet from the raisins. You could add any dried fruit or nuts/seeds and different spices like nutmeg and cloves to these.
Back to the grind tomorrow, but it’s a short week!